FIRE AID welcome London Fire Brigade to our Steering Committee.
FIRE AID are delighted to welcome London Fire Brigade to our Steering Committee. Our Steering Committee is made up of founding and supportive FIRE AID members. The Steering Committee meet every 3 months to discuss strategy, future plans and development, share information and provide updates on current and future projects. FIRE AID now has 12 organisations which sit on the Steering Committee these are:
- The Eastern Alliance for Safe and Sustainable Transport (EASST)
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS)
- London Fire Brigade (LFB)
- National Fire Chiefs Council (NFCC)
- Staffordshire Emergency Services Aid Association (SESHAA)
- Scottish Emergency Rescue Association (SERA)
- UK Rescue Organisation (UKRO)
- World Rescue Organisation (WRO)
- Women in the Fire Service (WFS)
- Operation Florian
- Blythswood Care
- Asian Fire Service Association (AFSA)
The Steering Committee ensure that FIRE AID meets its mission statement and key objectives.
We are an alliance of organisations and services with a mutual interest in providing ethical and sustainable donations of fire and rescue aid and training to countries facing the greatest challenges.
- To provide guidelines for sustainable and ethical use of donations.
- To work together on joint projects, share best practice and provide a space for discussion for those working on similar projects.
- To highlight the work of such organisations, both within the UK and internationally.
- To provide guidance and support to other similar organisations.
- To develop partnership working with Fire & Rescue Services.
- To develop, host and manage a database which looks at past, current and planned development projects.
- To identify funding streams to assist with the delivery of international projects.
- To seek endorsement from such organisations as UKFRS, CFOA, LGA, DfID, etc, recognising the role played as a key facilitator for international development training and equipment donations.
- To gain recognition, publicity and support from the UK government and others for the donations being made by the UK to developing countries.
- To publicly raise issues as deemed appropriate by members.
- To provide strategic advice at government level to assist with the development of policies, strategies and legislation.
FIRE AID looks forward to working with London Fire Brigade on future projects and events.